DOS AND DONT'S
Mixing certain cleaners can cause chemical reactions that lead to the formation of toxic substances.
Mixing cleaners can quickly produce toxic fumes and if you inhale these fumes, it could cause irritation or burning of the eyes, nose, and throat; coughing, difficulty breathing, lung damage, and even death.
You should NEVER drink any cleaning product. Bleach is corrosive and can burn your mouth, esophagus, and stomach. It lowers your blood pressure and if ingested, can kill you. Rubbing alcohol causes dizziness and nausea. It also irritates the respiratory system and alters the functions of your heart. If ingested, it can also kill you.
Do not remove the chemical from the original container.
You should always have a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) book, which is designed to provide emergency response personnel and users of hazardous materials with the proper procedures for handling or working with a particular substance. The SDS includes information on the health and physical hazards associated with material and provides details first aid, storage, disposal. exposure control, and spill/leak procedures. These are of particular use it there is a spill or a person has accidental contact with the material.
We provide the SDS book to our customers and we keep the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) on our website as well, below are the descriptions of our products. Easy to access, if you need.
Now, one example:
Lime Safe + Chlorinated Sanitizer (Low temp sanitizer):
If you mix these two products, it will form chlorine gas. When the chlorine gas reaches the lungs, corrosive compounds such as hydrochloric acid, hypochlorous acid, and hypochlorite are formed in the lungs. These compounds can actually dissolve lung tissue, making the lungs unable to function. The potential routes of exposure to cleaning products include dermal contact, inhalation, and incidental ingestion.
Below you can check the chemicals that you cannot mix, the chemicals formed when mixed and why you cannot mix them (effects).